Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Research Between Baby Schedules

I feel like I have had a rather productive day--probably more productive than it actually was.

Christopher left for his class in the morning and I did research while Eliot slept.  Since I have about two weeks off from teaching, I can just focus on my school work.  I have been looking for instruments to go along with a quantitative shift, which has been difficult, then impossible, then "I'll make it work," to now we're getting there.  I work things out in my head best by writing so I started a Dissertation Writing Blog because I know I can be long-winded and it really is not that interesting to anyone else.  Or me, even.  So if you are into that kind of thing or even want to give me some encouragement throughout this process, check it out!

Chris's parents showed up after I had been working for about an hour so I was at that point where I did need to stop, but wasn't letting myself.  We had biscuits and played with Eliot until they left for Woodbridge a little before noon.  Then it was time for Eliot's nap and I did more research.  After about an hour and a half, he was up and ready for lunch.  He had Morningstar corn dog nuggets, white grape juice, and half of a clementine (I had the other half).  We did some playing until it was second naptime.  The kid seems to run in two-hour intervals.  Eat then play two hours, nap an hour and a half, eat then play two hours, another nap....  Makes going out a little difficult and poor Eliot got dragged out right during both nap times earlier this week for two days in a row to see Chris for lunch.  That's another story.  Ha.


So, yeah, these are my days.  Food, play, nap, repeat.  It's funny how Eliot put himself on a schedule.  I didn't even try.  It's great to know what to expect.  And I love spending my time with him.  It'd be nice if he could nap in his crib instead of our bed so I could clean or something, but I really am getting a lot of research done in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment