Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lots of Little and Big Goals

I have so much going on in my head these days.  And that's a good thing.

I got to work on Eliot's play room right away!  I hadn't touched that room before for so many reasons.  We weren't sure if we should turn it into a guest bedroom, office, library, or maybe need a second nursery some day.  In the end, we are keeping it half office (and library) and playroom.  Whenever we have a second baby, I'm sure that he or she will stay in our room for a long while like Eliot has.  Then we'll get some awesome Ikea bunk beds and have them share a room.  If we eventually have a girl, I think their mixed genders will be fine until we move into a larger house in a handful of years.  See?  So many thoughts...  Anyway, I cleared out a bunch of "junk" and got the room going.  I am moving some storage things around (boxes and such), ordered prints, and bought some frames.  I didn't take a before shot (that'd be too embarrassing), but I will post some photos of my progress as I go along shortly.

Chris has finished up day two of his intensive.  Three more remain.  Eliot and I miss him like crazy when he is gone.  We are so spoiled by how much time we have together.  However, Elizabeth has been hanging out with me as my in-laws spend some time with Chris's grandma.

Elizabeth napping with Eliot
While everyone does seem to be going in different directions, we have had dinner together every night and Elizabeth and I have met Chris for lunch every day.  Then Elizabeth went with me to pick up a few playroom supplies.

Eliot went from normal to super passed out in only two minutes.

Eliot had his first pickle, which was cute, but also oh so gross.  We called this the Ernest Hemingway sweater.

While picking out prints, I was thinking about how cute they all were.  And then I started thinking about how I'd like to make illustrations.  And then I realized that the only thing stopping me is, well, me.  I always loved to draw.  I was one of those kids that walked around with a sketch pad in middle school.  I'm pretty all right, but I stopped after high school.  I'm better at little cartoons (or what you could call illustrations) than real-life things.  I guess I have more of imagination in that area.  So I have decided to give it a go.  I'm going to start drawing more.  If I make something I really like, I'm hoping to liven it up some with water colors.  And then maybe, just maybe, I'll open an Etsy shop and sell prints of my illustrations.  I think I could do it.  There's a small (or huge) New Years goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment