Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas Eve.  To me, Christmas Eve always felt like the more important, celebrated day because we spent it with our extended family.  Christmas Day was just with my sister and parents as we tinkered with our new toys.

This year has been so much more special with Eliot around.  I know he doesn't understand what is going on, but I think that he has a sense that something important is happening.  It has been great to establish new traditions with him.  Everything is more fun with a baby.

Today we got up and went for a bike ride at the park!  Chris ran while I biked and pulled Eliot in his new trailer.  It was a lot of fun and he didn't fuss one bit.  He might have even had fun.



After showers and a baby nap, we went to Wal Mart to pick up a few things to prepare for Chris's family coming in Christmas evening.  Then we played with Eliot followed by another baby nap.  By then, it was time to get ready for Christmas Eve dinner with Christopher's aunt, uncle, cousins, grandma, and Aunt Susan's parents.  I really love having family around to spend the holidays with--and we are going to my aunt and uncle's tomorrow.  Eliot loved exploring their house and chasing their cats.  Then something really cool happened.  Chris's cousin (Austin) is on the autism spectrum and he hasn't paid much attention to Eliot.  Eliot was playing with a ball on the floor after dinner when Austin started to roll the ball with him.  Then Austin announced that he wanted to hold Eliot and just picked him up.  It was so cute!  Later, they watched some of the movie Cars together and Austin wanted to hold him again.  Austin really has such a beautiful heart.



I guess I should also mention that we pretty much have a walker on our hands.  When do you officially say that a baby is walking?  Well, he stands great completely on his own and walks about five steps unassisted until he reaches what he wants--usually a person.  He took his first steps over a month ago, but he has been walking now in a new, more sturdy way.



We got home right before 9:00 pm and I called my parents to wish them a merry Christmas Eve.  Then we took these photos of Eliot.  I knowww everyone thinks their kid is the cutest in the world, but, dang, that baby boy is darling!


We let Eliot open one present, but mostly because he was already digging into a new sweater during our photo session.  Christopher and I exchanged gifts also.  I got him two graphic novels (and also The Tree of Life and Midnight in Paris).  Chris got me two absolutely beautiful dresses that I can't wait to wear.  The photos don't do them justice.  Ah.  Dress love.


Tomorrow is Christmas and I can't wait to take my pajama-ed boy downstairs and let him rip some gifts open!

No comments:

Post a Comment