Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pepparkakers to Cure a Sick Baby

I really felt like taking pictures at the park today.  The weather was warm.  The skies were overcast enough to make for soft lighting.  It has been a busy few days.  However, we could tell something was wrong with Eliot.  He kept seeming like he needed a nap, wouldn't eat, and felt warm.  Sure enough, he had a fever of 100.7.  He isn't stuffy or anything else, so I'm hoping it is a small bug that will go away quickly.  My heart is so desperately begging for it to not be croup again, but he isn't showing any signs of that at all.  Just restless and obviously not feeling the best.

Chris and I did have a bit of stir craziness going on and needed to get out just for a little bit.  When Eliot seemed to be doing a bit better, Chris took this photo of us out front.  Then we went to buy a bread knife and a couple of new books for Eliot.  Did I mention that my parents bought me an awesome bread machine for Christmas?  Stokeddd!  While we were out, we had dinner at Panera to hopefully convince Eliot to eat some of his favorite soup.  No such luck.

Don't you love Eliot's new jeans?  They're size 12 month [skinny] jeans from Old Navy!  I'm amazed by how well all of these 12 month clothes fit him.  I mean, I knowww he is eleven months old now, but it's odd to wrap my head around.

We headed home at just the right time.  Eliot napped in the car and then we split a pepparkaker when we got home.  I made these Swedish cookies from scratch last night for a viewing of It's a Wonderful Life with two of my friends.  Ah, pepparkakers.  I always looked forward to my Aunt Elise mailing us a batch each Christmas.  I hope to make them every year for Eliot.  And with Chris combining them with a pumpkin spice coffee and exclaiming, "They're sooo good," how can I not?

They're kind of like gingersnaps, but not as intense.
Eliot is napping [again] and I am enjoying our cuddle time.  Chris and I are planning for this to be a quiet night of movies and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment