Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Day in Photos

I thought I'd try this "Day in Photos" entry where you post photos about every hour.  I didn't take photos every hour, but kind of close!  As I've said before, Tuesday is kind of like our weekend because it means that we have completed our grading for the previous week, so here is how we spent our "day off".
Eliot woke up ready to play!  We went right downstairs where he made his rooster say, "Cockadoodle-dooo!"  Really.  He said it right after I did.  He has gotten so good at mimicking our sounds.  Meanwhile, Chris did dishes (not sure how he found dishes to do because I thought I got them all the night before, but it was appreciated!) and I got ready for our run.
I have been running consistently for six weeks now!  Yay!  Although Eliot looks way bundled up, it was 58 degrees and just barely sprinkling.  He was fine.  And aren't we totally Team Blue here?  Chris has a blue shirt too and when he wears it, I am so embarrassed.  We look ridiculous--but Chris would say we look totally awesome.  He loves matching.  Haha!
 

After our run, Chris drank water and Eliot had to have some.  He loves drinking out of cups for some reason.

While Chris entertained Eliot with water, I took a shower.  Then it was lunch time!  Already?  Yes!  I made tofu and avocados over brown rice for myself.  Eliot had a black bean quesadilla since I really wasn't sure if the tofu was still good (it was) and also avocados and raspberries.  I think raspberries are his favorite food ever.  He ate about ten of them--maybe more!  While Eliot chowed down on raspberries, he got some on his face.  We joked that it looked like a Monroe piercing.

Chris gave Eliot a much-needed bath while I cleaned up the kitchen.  Then Chris read to Eliot in bed and took a nap.

When Eliot woke up, he was ready to play with Dexter and then play with Neko after he got dressed.


We headed to dinner where Eliot colored with crayons for the first time.  He did pretty all right!  He ate green beans and a sweet potato for dinner.  We went to Old Navy for some sleepers for Eliot.  Chris had gotten a Groupon deal and we finally got Eliot some Christmas pajamas.


By then, it was basketball time!  I thought Chris was nuts for getting season's tickets this year, but Eliot has really been into it.  Eliot points in the air and stands up to watch and claps.  A little after half time, we walked around and Eliot walked (with our help) almost around the whole top!
We left just a few minutes early because Eliot was getting tired.  I put him in one of his new sleepers ($4!) and got all ready for bed!  He sure looks tired, doesn't he?
One thing is sure throughout this day:  you can't accuse Chris of not helping.  He is always ready to help change diapers.  He is always willing to watch Eliot for me to go take a shower or make food or just about anything.  Most stay (or work) at home moms don't have the luxury of a partner throughout the day, but we have been so blessed to both be able to work from home.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day! Your family is super cute! I love running too. So jealous you still have 50 degree weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. I love that owl hat! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel better, it was warm, but rained for three days, so the outside fun was limited. :) And thanks! I love that hat too.

    ReplyDelete