Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve with Horses!

Christopher and I had a pretty fun day even though he had to go in to work on a course.  I feared that we would sleep in and barely shower and eat before Eliot fell asleep for a nap and then we wouldn't do anything fun before Chris went off to campus.  Instead, we got going and went to visit the horses!

Last year a little after Thanksgiving, we went to see the horses.  I was quite pregnant.
I ran out of carrots.


This year, we had little Eliot is tow.  I don't know why we don't go more often; it is just around the corner.  I think we will now, though, because Eliot loved them.  I thought he might be a little hesitant.  Horses are big and he is small and sometimes I'm scared of them.  However, Eliot started jabbering as soon as the horses were in sight.  He started reaching for them right away.  He thought they were so cool!


After some photos, we put Eliot in his backpack and walked the trails some.  As we walked by the horses, Eliot was literally bouncing in the backpack.  He is nuts about animals.  I love it!  You can tell by our clothes that the weather was amazing.  Sixty degrees or something and quite sunny.  I wasn't even slightly chilly.  After about an hour, we headed back to the house where we made lunch and Chris went to campus.

I don't know what it is about us and New Year's Eve, but I realized that we found some random horses on a drive a few years ago too.  I believe it was about to turn 2009.  Things sure were different back then.
Sometimes I look through our photos and sigh.  A happy sigh.  Life is good these days.  I love my boys.  There is something so incredibly special about a father and son casually being themselves together.  You look at Christopher and you know that little boy is his world.  And as weird as it sounds, it makes me love Chris all the more somehow.

[Lots] more photos here!

2 comments:

  1. doesn't sound weird at all. we were at the park today and Ben was the only dad running around with his kids. Made me tear up a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Dads and their little boys are so great. :)

    ReplyDelete