Thursday, December 29, 2011

Eliot's Playroom: Commencing Step Two

Step One of Operation Playroom is kind of complete.  Kind of.  Step One was to re-organize and purge in order to create a blank canvas.  I've gotten there with most of the room!

Step Two:  Re-purpose.
I moved our black bookcase (Target) into the playroom.  The bottom level is baskets with toys.  The second level is Eliot's books.  The third level is our books.  I'll be finding a new home for those books.

I moved the white toy chest (Babies'R'Us) from Eliot's room into the playroom.  It seriously had hardly nothing in it.  And since we spend most of our time downstairs, it didn't make sense up there.  I did like it in Eliot's nook, though, to serve as a window seat some day, so I plan to move it back up there eventually.  I just didn't see the point in buying another toy chest quite yet if we didn't need it.

I moved this other natural-wood bookshelf (Target) in as well.  I used it as my dresser in undergrad.  It then became an end table and bookshelf.  I picked up those baskets from Target.  They will hold toys and someday art supplies.  I must confess that the top basket holds some of our books, but I plan to change that too.  It's hard to organize books alone without Christopher's input.

Lastly, I hung Eliot's hiking backpack up with a hook from Target!  This will get it out of the dining room where it has been sitting on a trunk.  It is too wide to hang up in a closet and we do use it a bit on warmer days.  Also, it looks cool.

I need to work on condensing the books and put away one of our bookshelves into the basement.  I want to wait for Chris, though, because I want to know which books he wants to keep out and which are fine to put away.  Then I can set up Eliot's "basketball area".

I'm waiting for some prints to come in the mail and to pick up a rug.  That's pretty much it!  So, Step Three is Beautify!

No comments:

Post a Comment