Saturday, December 3, 2011

Playing with Cats, At the Park, and Downtown

I feel lost in the year.  At some moments for a brief second, I could swear that it is October.  I blame most of this on the warm weather throwing me off, but I certainly do appreciate the warmth!  It has helped Chris and I keep to our running schedule by warding of any "it's too cooold" excuses from me.

Eliot has always loved animals, but he seems to be going after our cat (Neko) more and more.  I forgot to mention that he spent much of Thanksgiving chasing Jordan's three cats around the house while saying, "Kitty!  Cat!  Cat!"  Cats of course are not the most friendly creatures, but our Neko lets Eliot play with her however he wants, including intended cuddles that turn into body slams.  Neko totally flirts with Eliot too and plays with him.  It's too adorable.  I hate to be such a downer, but I worry about how much time Neko-cat has left.  We adopted her from the shelter and she came to us with feline leukemia.  She will be three years old in a couple of months.  The survival rate after three years drastically drops off.  She seems to be absolutely fine and healthy, though, so I am hoping that our kitty will be around with us for much longer.


On a happier note, we took Eliot to Riverside Park yesterday for swings, slides, and a stroll around the park.  Then we picked up Stephanie and headed downtown for First Fridays.  The local artists open their studios to the public.  There was one exhibit in particular that we were looking forward to that had old photographs of Rivermont.  I'm always interested in learning more about the history of Lynchburg.  After some wandering, we had dinner at Magnolia.

And some photos from the park...

This photo makes my heart so happy

No comments:

Post a Comment