Thursday, December 8, 2011

Birthday Cupcakes

It has been an eventful day. I was calling it "Triple Meeting Day" because we had three meetings between the two of us.  I don't like writing about work or school much on here, but my meetings were all dissertation-related and I might be switching from a qualitative to quantitative design.  I feel conflicted about it, and I'm sure writing it all out here would be very boring.  Quantitative would be easier, but less enjoyable--more centered on statistics.  Qualitative would be more difficult, much more lengthy, probably take longer, but it would be more fun.  Either could work, but quantitative is so much more defined.  To be honest, I am low on dissertation steam; I'm just not too excited about it.  And I need to be excited.  Getting it over more quickly and with a clear, quantitative approach seems appealing, even if it won't be as interesting to me.  I need to make a choice.  And fast.

Fortunately, Chris's sister was able to watch Eliot for us for about an hour and a half since our meetings overlapped and I was running all over campus.  Afterward, we went to Taste Selects downtown to put in Eliot's birthday cupcakes order.  They're so amazing!  I love that place.  While we were there, we picked up a few for ourselves.  Elizabeth and I split a carrot cake and creme brulee one.  Oh, the creme brulee is unbelievable.  Chris had a mocha cupcake.  I'm not a chocolate person, but that icing was so great.

The cupcake place looks nothing short of magical.  I can't wait for the day when Eliot understands the bakery and we take him in to let him chose his own cupcake.  He banged on the glass and walked along the whole case, smiling all along the way.  Some days, I really love Lynchburg.

After cupcakes, we finished off the day right:  with a run.  Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment