Monday, December 5, 2011

A Powerless Monday

I woke up this morning to beeping.  The power was out.  I just couldn't get back to sleep even though it was far too early to be awake, so I just lay there.  Eventually, Chris and Eliot woke up too, and the power wasn't back.  We decided to get breakfast out--and it was a good thing because I was starving and cereal just wasn't cutting it.  Also, I had to answer emails and we needed to use a restaurant or some place's wifi.  I think Chris felt better about sitting in a parking lot on the computer if we bought something from the people.  Ha.

After leaving the house, it didn't take long to discover why we didn't have power.  A powerline had fallen at the entrance of the neighborhood.  Bob Evans it was!  We had a gift certificate and I will take any excuse to eat French toast.  Afterward, I worked on emails while Chris played with Eliot in the front seat.  Eliot pulled the steering wheel while saying, "Vroom!"  Then he put on the windshield wipers.  It's funny that he knew what to do and everything.






That baby simply melts.my.heart.  I hope he always knows that.  On to Target, like usual, to pick up a few things and waste time.  I was going to get Eliot some Christmas pjs, but they didn't have any in size 12 months.  What's the deal?  Really, though, most of the footie pajamas in 12 months were gone.  Maybe most people don't put their one-year-olds in footie pajamas.  I do (and will).  They're so much warmer than other pjs!  I'm rambling....  By the time we got home, the power was back, Eliot was ready for a nap, and grading time was on.  I did just that for a while, made vegetarian sloppy joes for dinner, played with Eliot, and now it is back to grading.

2 comments:

  1. I got some today at old navy, but I didn't see any that said "baby's 1st christmas". Heck, I still put my 3 year old in footie pajamas. He loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they're so cute! I saw some Christmas-y ones online at Old Navy too. Chris got a deal for Old Navy that we need to print out, so maybe I'll head over there today.

    ReplyDelete