Thursday, January 17, 2013

Style Attempts, Maternity Ed: 1. Finding Pants for Petite People

I have always had trouble finding clothes to fit me.  Growing up, I was always the shortest in the class and quite, well, petite.  I was teased in intermediate school for looking anorexic even though I didn't know what that meant.  In middle school, I wanted to dress "older," but was stuck in the kid's section in Sears.  I still wear xsm in the junior's section of Target....

When I got pregnant with Eliot, I worried that it would be even more difficult to dress in a reasonable manner.  I didn't want to wear baggy pants and tee-shirts throughout my whole pregnancy, yet I didn't know where to find petite maternity clothes.  I wore a bellaband for a lot longer than it was comfortable and vowed to make the switch earlier next time.

So, here I am at 15 weeks (last week), wearing maternity pants.  And feeling great about it!  I switched over to maternity clothes much earlier this time around and it just feels better to me.  Despite being under five feet and weighing 100 pounds (95 before this pregnancy), I am able to fit into Old Navy size 1 maternity jeggings.  They're kind of long, but I just roll them up (no big deal).  Last time, I had one pair of Old Navy maternity skinny jeans and decided that I would like to have two pairs of pants this time around....


Feeling comfortable and also slightly fashionable is among the besttt in the world when you're pregnant.  So, if you're uncomfortable, just give in.  Get the maternity jeans.  And Old Navy is priced reasonably well.  You'll feel better--at least I did.

I have no clue what I'll do when it gets too hot for pants--I carried Eliot into the fall and winter--since this baby is due in July.  Skirts and tank tops?  I'll figure it out and report along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment