Saturday, January 26, 2013

Eventful Week Ending in SNOW

I've had such an eventful week, which has been great!  Eliot got to play with Lesley's boys, I exchanged Chris for my friend Kimmy for an evening (he watched basketball with Kimmy's husband at her house and Kimmy watched tv with me at my house), my mom watched Eliot while I did dissertation work, and Eliot and I went to the aquarium with my sister, mom, grandma, niece, and nephew.  And then it snowed!
Eliot leading my niece to the rays at the aquarium.

I'm trying to "be a better pregnant person," so I got myself some legit prenatal vitamins and then some DHA fish oil.  I am horrible (THE WORST) at taking pills.  I gag on everything.  These "petite" pills are still kind of big but flat, so I'd rather deal with three of them a day than spit up a regular pill.  Seriously, last time I took a normal prenatal vitamin, it brought me to my knees (I literally fell on the floor from gagging--I'm that lame) and I don't remember if I ever got it down....  And this Omega Swirl stuff is amazing!  I should be their spokesperson.  Pina colada flavor?  Heck yes.  I could eat it like candy.  I'd eat it if I didn't have to!  No fish flavor at all, just like a melted Starburst.  And Eliot eats it right off the spoon too.  Then he cries for more.

Enough rambling.  You really want to know about the snow, right?

In Lynchburg, we can kind of count on at least one sturdy snow a year.  That isn't always the case in Chesapeake.  Snow is a big, big deal.  I was kind of bummed that Eliot might not experience snow this year, yet here it is.

When it first started snowing, Eliot was in our bedroom by himself.  I heard a weird noise (I thought he was going through our closet), so we went to investigate.  We couldn't find him!  Chris was freaking out as I checked everywhere.  And then Chris found him.  Behind our curtain, looking out the bedroom window, mesmerized by the falling snow.  Each time we tried to look at him, he'd pull the curtain to and tell us "no" or to "go".  I guess he wanted to look alone!

When we got him out in the snow after it had accumulated some, he was so excited.  Last year, he was like "meh" and wanted to help shovel.  Totally different this year.  He loved the snowball fights and the sledding (Chris running around the yard pulling him, of course).

And I gotta say, this is the most beautiful boy.  I don't know how my and Chris's genes combined to make this face, but, man oh man, he gets my heart going.

Eliot and Chris are so lucky to have each other.  They have so much fun together--and I love just watching them play.

Chris and Eliot made some complicated waffles.  Nine grain, chocolate protein powder, banana, walnut, chia seed (as an egg substitute) waffles to be exact.


This week went by kind of fast, and I have had work to do as well.  I'm thankful for all of our friends in the area--it's something we had been missing.  And it helped get my mind off my much-anticipated appointment this up-coming Tuesday evening.  The gender ultrasound.  I'm counting down the days.  I can't wait to start dreaming more specifically of how this baby will add to our family, pick out a name, and begin getting the room ready.  Not too much longer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment