Sunday, January 13, 2013

Eliot's Second Birthday

Get ready for picture overload.



We had Eliot's second birthday party yesterday!  I'm no Pinterest mom and this was no Pinterest party, but I think we did darn good and didn't buy much store-bought food.  I baked the cupcakes, French bread, and crab dip.  Chris made the hummus and lemonade.  I guess the only things we bought were some salsa (I was going to make it but Chris didn't realize my grocery list had a back.  ha!), chips, fruit, and Dunkin' Donuts--Eliot's "cake" and his favoriteee.

Eliot loves cars, both Cars (the movie) and cars (vehicles), so a Cars party with lots of balloons and streamers it was.

Once Eliot woke up from his nap the rest of the way, he had fun playing with his friends.  We had mostly family and a few friends and enough kids to make his train table super busy.

Last year, I ordered fancy, gourmet cupcakes, but this year I knew Eliot would prefer a strawberry-frosted donut over any cake.  So, I made some cupcakes and Chris picked up a dozen donuts too.
Birthday donut success, which was a lot better than last year when he just tore apart his cup cake and threw it on the floor.

Eliot was showered with tonsss of perfect gifts.  Cars everything, trains, dinosaurs, balls, puzzles, coloring books...  All of his favorite things.  Here he is playing with Cousin Matthew (said in a Downton Abbey voice).


It's hard to believe that Eliot is two....  It's hard to believe that he was ever a newborn.  I thought I'd be sad about him turning two, but I'm OK with it.  And just for fun, here we are last year compared to this year.  Crazy what a year does and how fast it goes...  I hope he slows down just a little.  Just a little.






1 comment:

  1. Happy 2nd birthday Eliot!! Looks like you guys had a blast! xo, hb

    ReplyDelete