Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Short, Productive Days

These days sure go by fast lately.  Eliot has been such a grump in the mornings that it has been difficult to do anything before his nap.  I blame the teething--always the teething.  Either that or he just is not a morning person.  Last week, we even took him to the aquarium in the morning because we knew we'd have work to do in the afternoon.  The whole time, he whimpered and acted afraid.  Poor little guy.  Something is up with him.

We've had an exciting weekend, though.  My mom watched Eliot so we could go to an ODU basketball game for free with Josh and Kimmy!  Sure is weird to do adult things with other adults without my kid around.  I felt guilty the whole time.  Not guilty for leaving Eliot (I knew he was having a blast), but guilty for asking something of my mom.  I hate asking for favors, but she was probably enjoying one-on-one time with her grandson.
Kimmy and I with a very angry fan behind us.

After the game, Kimmy and Josh came over for dinner (blackbean and lentil sloppy Joes with cheese fries!) and to introduce our dogs.  They have the sweetest pitbull named Sookie.  And we have two dachshunds suffering from one big Napoleon complex.  Sookie was so gentle and meek while they yapped at her.  Introductions are difficult at first with our hard-headed doxies, but within 20 minutes, everyone was cool.  By the end of the night, our smallest dachshund (Dexter) and Sookie were wrestling.  We need them to be friends so they can have dog pool parties this summer.  Not to mention that Josh and Kimmy will feel more comfortable hanging out at our house if they aren't worrying about Sookie being crated for a long time at home.
Sookie is so soft with Eliot too.

Other than that, we have been settling in more, trying to get rid of lingering boxes, getting into a new routine, Eliot had his second haircut, and preparing for Eliot's birthday party.  We've had a few service appointments around here too, including a plumber for a known issue, our dishwasher, and still waiting on the washer and dryer.  Did I mention that we stepped into the 21st century and now have a dishwasher?  Yep, we got it installed Saturday morning (another adventure that involved taking the countertop apart...).  We haven't had a dishwasher in yearssss, so I don't even really remember what it is like to use one.  I plan to finally start a cycle this evening.

I feel like the days go by in a blur, and I know we've been busy, but it seems like we haven't accomplished anything.  Then when I type it all out, I guess we have gotten a lot done.


No comments:

Post a Comment