Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Passing

Wilbur, my grandmother's boyfriend, passed away yesterday morning.  We were all very worried for my grandmother--and she seemed to be taking it hard--but we went to see her in the evening.  She was doing much, much better.  I think we were all worried that she would have an emotional breakdown over it and not adjust well; however, she seems to be mourning in a healthy way.

Here is one of my favorite photos of Wilbur.  I like it so much because he didn't realize it was being taken.  This is from Christmas 2008--four years ago--when my nephew (Matthew) was a little over a year old.  Even though these weren't technically his great grandchildren, he never treated them any differently.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Katie. I dealt with the loss of a very close friend when I was 8 months pregnant with Landon. Death is not easy to deal with, especially with the extra hormones! I'm praying for your Grandma and for your strength FOR her.

    PS - you totally need to get an Ergo for baby #2! Best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! Memaw is doing OK with lots of family around her and the support of a great assisted living community. As for the Ergo, it is taking a lot of willpower not to buy one right now and strap Eliot in to keep him in line in stores. Chris says he's too old for that, but I don't knowww. ;)

      Delete