Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Things and Things and Things

I hate feeling like a consumer, but today was what I needed.  Chris and I got up and out the door as soon as he finished up some administrative work.  We were able to eat lunch at Panera, which is quite rare once students return, and Eliot chowed down on some broccoli and cheddar soup.  The boy has good tastes!  We bought Eliot a couple of new books from Barnes and Noble with a 20% off coupon.  Then we picked up another hoodie for him at Old Navy since I had a 30% off coupon and also a polo for $5.

[in the Old Navy parking lot]
Chris:  Can you drive?  I feel kind of out of it.
Kt:  Sure, but you just handed me the paci instead of the keys.
Chris:  Yeah, that's kind of how I feel.

On the way home, I made a donation at a baby consignment shop.  I was thinking about selling it, but, really, I wouldn't make much off of it, and so I'd rather just give it to a good cause.  While I was there, I picked out a few sleepers for Eliot.  He hasn't worn sleepers to bed since he grew out of his 0-3 months ones when the weather grew warmer.  I couldn't believe how huge these pajamas looked compared to his first few outfits!  Eliot used to wear pretty much exclusively sleepers when he was a newborn since it was so cold.

And now Eliot is finally napping.  He slept earlier today for about an hour, but he really needed an early evening nap as well.  When he wakes, I'll give him a bottle and a bath.  Then try to put something together for dinner before heading over to Stephanie's this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment