Monday, September 26, 2011

The Aggressively Friendly Duck

Poor Eliot endured at least three hours in the car every day for three days in a row!  He was so good, though, and got to enjoy some grandparent time on both sides.  He crawled all around the Robinson grandparents' house and then we saw my parents in Baltimore.



"Baltimore?" you ask.  Yes, Baltimore.  My uncle Harvey had a surprise 60th birthday party, so we all drove up.  Fortunately, the place was just two hours from Christopher's parents' house.  Unfortunately, I (little country driving Katie) had to drive through D.C. to get there.  Let me tell you:  driving through cities is one way to send me into a panic attack.  I'm horrible when I don't know where I'm going and cars are all pressing around me.  Meep!  But we made it just fine.

The restaurant was a little seafood place on the water.  We ate on the back deck and Eliot loved staring at the ducks.  These ducks were so "friendly" that one kept walking around the deck--yet there was a sign up asking customers to not feed the ducks because they were becoming too aggressive.  Ha!

Eliot and me with the aggressively friendly duck!
Christopher and Eliot looking at the water--and by "water," I mean "ducks".
As the sun was setting.  Bangs are getting OK, I guess.
We were able to spend part of Sunday with Christopher's mom, then headed back home to Lynchburg to do schoolwork and yadda yadda, boring boring boring.  I kind of don't want to go on any more trips for a while, but we're heading to New Orleans in a couple of weeks to present at a conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment