Friday, September 23, 2011

New Fingertips on the Old Robinson Piano

We are in Woodbridge at Christopher's parents' house!  I don't enjoy the drive through Charlottesville and 28 just nags me the whole way, but Eliot and Dexter are simply too cute in the car together.  Dexter jumps right onto Eliot's lap as soon as he gets the chance.  Eliot smiles and laughs all the way--until he passes out.
Isn't Dexter just a good-looking dog?  Abed-nego too!
Eliot has loved being able to crawl all over the house and explore new places.  It has me especially looking forward to moving in the summer.  I feel so bad that Eliot only has the den and dining room to roam at our house, but, really, I'm sure that is quite common.  And those two rooms are probably huge to him.  He never seems bored, that's for sure.  Still, I kind of like the idea of moving into a ranch so Eliot can have independence and go into his room or our den or wherever he wants without the worry of stairs.

Eliot playing great grandma Robinson's piano
Eliot has also had fun playing with his Robinson grandparents and receiving lots of love.  It makes me so happy to see them together.  You know, it's funny:  there are photographs of Christopher and Elizabeth all through the house.  And there are photos of me too--that's how I realized how accepted I actually was a handful of years ago (seven years now!).  When I was in the picture frames too.  And now Eliot is also in the frames.  Our Robinson family continues to grow and change through the years!

Tomorrow:  Baltimore and the other side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment