Friday, September 9, 2011

Goal!

We had an eventful, uneventful day.  Sometimes these are my favorite.   While Christopher mowed the lawn, Eliot and I played in the den.  Then we watched Chris mow when he got to the front.  Eliot thinks the lawn mower is one of the coolest things--right up there with the vacuum cleaner.

Afterward, we took Eliot out in the backyard to play with a soccer ball.  He isn't too interested in kicking the ball yet, but we thought it could be a little fun.

He'll be kicking it soon enough, I'm sure.
Doesn't the house look so much better in blue?

We talked to the neighbor pig (Boone) a little.  Boone has grown so much!  No longer a little piglet anymore.
Eliot took a few steps and explored while hanging onto the fence.
Sorry to go on and on, but aren't Eliot's eyes so precious?  People say they are mine because they're dark, but they are still this strange, dark green with a little bit of blue.  I can see why people think they are brown, though.  And the shape of them is quite different than mine; they are more like Christopher's eyes.  Mine are more round.  Once his eyebrows come in more, I think he'll start looking more like his dad--I think they are going to have the same eyebrows.  I think he has Christopher's lips too and such a serious Chris face.  And here I am rambling about my son's eyes.  No one pays such close attention to them.  I guess that is what "makes me a mom"--I'm all about discussing the tiniest features that make up my Eliot.

We came inside and I retreated to bed due to this nagging headache I've had all day.  Eliot and Christopher played outside some, and then Eliot came in to nap with me while Chris went to the grocery store.  Eli-boy is still sleeping and I should be trying to, but I'm distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment