Monday, September 12, 2011

Cousins

After completing our work for the day, Christopher and I spent a bit of time driving around Chesapeake and Virginia Beach.  I guess it isn't much of a secret that we're seriously considering moving back "home" next summer.  While I grew up here and know Chesapeake very well, there are a lot of neighborhoods in Virginia Beach that I'm simply not familiar with.

Maybe it is silly to drive around looking at specific houses now since we are so far from our planned moving time, but I like having so much time to "do our homework," decide what neighborhoods have what we want, and go through several sets of emotions something along the lines of saying, "This is awesome!  This is it!" followed two days later by, "No, that probably isn't the best idea."  Buying a home is an emotional process.  We're trying to get the emotions out of the way so we can be as logical as possible.

When we came back to my parents' house, my niece and nephew were over being watched by my mom.  I cuddled with Sydney and Dexter (our puppy) in the chair, and asked Sydney about her first week of school in kindergarten.  Meanwhile, Matthew played so well with Eliot on the floor.  Eliot thinks Matthew is the coolest kid ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment