Thursday, September 8, 2011

The New Pack

This is probably going to be picture overload, but that is how you know I've had a good day.  Speaking of good days, it started out right with a rather promising hair day.  This, of course, called for an instagram shot.


Eliot also slept in until 9:00 am.  While this is rather typical of him lately, I am always so thankful for consistency in that area.  Chris went to get the oil changed in the Jeep, and then we got ready to play with our new toy:  a baby carrier backpack from the REI outlet!  We thought about going to Otter Creek, but then just decided to go to Blackwater Creek.  It had been a while and it is much closer.

I love how easy it is to get baby in.  And Eliot just looked like such a pro, like he had been sitting in it his whole life.  He looked all around at the trees and other people walking by.  I look forward to many more walks and hikes with Eliot this fall.  Maybe one day I can actually snag a photo of him smiling in it.  Ha!

They're kind of making the same face.

Eliot looks so not into it.  And I am so out of focus.  Ha!  But I like us anyway.
Thirsty :)


We came home and I edited photos while Eliot played with blocks on the floor and Chris made curry for dinner.  Eliot had fun, but I think he was glad to get out and crawl around some.  The boy has serious energy.  Eliot had spinach and potatoes for dinner followed by a mum-mum for dessert.  As if I hadn't already posted enough photos, I couldn't help but take a few of him all covered with food.  Can you see his two teeth?  He is cutting another one on the bottom, so he has been extra chew-y.


4 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing about the second photo. same expression haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember that time we hiked for a million miles and chris carried eliot in that other carrier...yeah...this looks a lot easier for him haha
    -kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yesss. That carrier was definitely not meant for hiking. Ha! I wanted to get one like this for that trip, but you're supposed to wait until the baby can sit up without any support--they suggest six to eight months. I can hardly remember when Eliot couldn't sit up on his own. He' so... everywhere!

    ReplyDelete