Saturday, September 17, 2011

Barbeque and the Comps

It seems that Virginia woke up yesterday morning and decided it was fall.  I dressed Eliot in his hoodie for the first time--and he needed it!  I'm honestly still not stoked about fall, but there are some nice things about cooler weather.  I guess.

Eliot and I dressed for the fall weather.
Eliot is doing much better.  His nose is just slightly congested and barely runny.  I'm still not sure if it is a cold or teething because Chris and I have both not been feeling well, yet I am almost certain that one of Eliot's top incisors has broken through.

Eliot stoked to be cuddling with Dexter in the car.
Christopher's dad came in town yesterday to take Elizabeth back home for the weekend.  It is crazy to think that she has been here for a month now!  While he was in town, we went to get lunch.  Eliot had his first taste of barbeque (which he loved) and also hush puppies (which he really loved).  Barbeque with those Robinsons is a funny thing.  They love it.  All of them.  I guess it is a North Carolinian family tradition for them with a lot of great memories of sharing barbeque together.  When I was pregnant with Eliot, Chris said that he couldn't wait to share barbeque with him.  I thought that sounded funny, so I joked that Eliot would hate barbeque.  Chris got really sad.  Fortunately for Chris, Eliot really loved it.  Must be a Robinson.

Eliot and his barbeque.

Eliot and a hush puppy--or, as Pawpaw Wallace Robinson called them, corn pones.
Today was kind of a rough one at first.  I had to take my comprehensive exam for the doctorate program, which I had been quite anxious about.  Eliot still isn't sleeping the best (but much better!) since he isn't feeling so great.  Also, I was up all night worrying.  Not a good combination.  Anyway, I got up in the morning to take my test.  Christopher watched Eliot--who was on his absolute worst behavior since mommy wouldn't pay any attention to him.  I got it done though with the final document being nineteen pages total.  I must admit that a few of the pages were rubrics and References, but, you know, it was a lot.  After I finished, we went to Olive Garden to celebrate followed by Target, a nap, and a walk.  And nowww football.

Eliot was all too excited to steal my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment