Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy 26th!

When I met Christopher Scott Robinson, he was 18 years old.  Today, he is 26.  We're getting old!

When I met Christopher Scott Robinson, he loved Jesus, palm trees, and Bob Dylan.  Not much has changed!



When I met Christopher Scott Robinson, we sat in trees and by koi ponds.  We really liked Asian things.  We would split happy meals because he had no appetite due to mono (which he didn't know he had).  His hair was black.  He had never kissed a girl; I had never had a boyfriend aside from middle school.  Both of those things changed.




When Christopher Scott Robinson was 20 years old, he asked me to marry him.  We were sitting on the beach at night.  As soon as I said yes, a cover band started playing "I Shot the Sheriff" because I guess some rich person was having a party.  We dreamed together.  We learned tough lessons from life together.  We worked hard together.  A year later, after we graduated from college, we were married.  We had many more hard life lessons to learn--and I'm sure many more remain.

After he proposed
In undergrad


Since then, he has grown from the boy with the most compassionate heart who didn't drive to the most compassionate father I could have ever imagined who likes to drive on I-95.  The boy who didn't have a job to the husband who works almost constantly communicating with students and professors to make sure that he is supporting everyone the best that he can.  In short, I have watched him grow from a boyhood.  And while I feel like we are getting old as he turns 26, maturity is refinement.



Happy birthday, Christopher.  We've had a lot of adventures.  Here's to many more!


No comments:

Post a Comment