Monday, September 26, 2011

Food!

Sorry for this boring post.  It's mostly to help me keep track of things.

Eliot has been eating a lot of formula.  Like, 40 ounces a day a lot.  Like, a quart and a cup left over.  Man!  I don't mind him eating more than the "suggested amount" if he isn't gaining too much weight.  I'd still consider him to be skinny--longgg and skinny.  Plus, he is always on the go, requiring more food.  I do, though, think that he should be eating more solids than he is.  I need to make more of an effort.  I mean, I've been giving him more new things, but I need to increase the amount as well.

Today he had 8 ounces in the morning (spread over two hours) followed by a jar of butternut squash for lunch and 6 ounces.  Then in the late afternoon he had 8 more ounces.  He had half a jar of spinach and a whole jar of pears for dinner.  Later, he had 6 ounces.  He will probably have 4 more ounces before bed--maybe 6.  That is 28 ounces for the day so far, but probably 32-34 in the end.  I think that is pretty good!  I got some oatmeal for him to try with breakfast.  I'll probably mix some apples in that for him.  He loves apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment