Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dreaded Haircuts and a Well-rested Baby

The leaves on our cherry tree began falling about a week ago.  I thought it was a bit premature.  Now, it seems that over a third of the leaves are bright yellow.  I had better start taking fall photographs soon if I don't want to miss the leaves.  I hate to see fall come because I dread seeing the trees bare for so, so long in the winter.

Lots of rain and overcast skies in the forecast this week....  No matter!  We're going to Woodbridge this weekend anyway.

I finally got my hair cut yesterday.  It had seriously been a year.  I got it cut last shortly before Christopher's birthday and, well, his birthday is just five days away.  I hate haircuts because you never know if you and the haircutter have the same definition of an inch and a half.  This lady and I did, but she totally didn't understand what I meant by side bangs or the length I asked for.  Ah, well, nothing to rant about.  It came out all right, and I think my bangs will look better in about a month.  Until then, I'll be trying my hardest to make them look longer.

 

Is it weird that I feel strange posting a photo of just myself?  Photos of just me (and no baby) are rare these days, which is fine.  I like Eliot in my pictures, but, man, this is leaving me feeling all sorts of self-absorbed.  Anyway...  Eliot had re-introduced me to the amazing time-saver that is bathing at night instead of in the morning.  Plus, if I bathe at night, I can do "no heat curls," which works out way better than my curling iron can ever pull off.  It's like a couple of years ago, my hair decided to stop curling.  I don't really get why, but this works!

I put Eliot in his pajamas way earlier than I should have yesterday evening because I was all too excited to see him in footie pajamas.  So cute!  Eliot-baby spent from 6:00 pm til about 10:00 pm roaming the house in his sleeper.  He did "nap" for about 30 minutes around 8:00 pm.


Then I realized this morning that something amazing had happened.  Eliot slept through the whole night without waking up once!  Not one time did I have to make him a bottle.  Not once did I have to put his paci back in his mouth.  He slept the entire night--and I think I came close to it as well.  I'm hoping this is a trend, but I'm not counting on it.  See, I got Eliot to drink four ounces right before bed.  Usually he won't do that.  Maybe I can do some convincing.  And maybe I can move him into his crib....

No comments:

Post a Comment