Monday, May 6, 2013

Woodbridge Dinosaur Weekend

I hope everyone had a great Cinco de Mayo.  We just had a couple of friends over for lunch and ate veggie tacos, guac, and chips.  Eliot wore what I am calling his Miami Vice shirt for the festivities.  Chris said that he is very jealous of this shirt, but isn't sure he could pull it off.  Instead, we put it on our son (not that we had found an adult version anyway...).

This is all after our trip to Woodbridge to see Chris's family, which I have been calling my last road trip.  Ever.  Not ever, just for a few months.  I didn't travel this late in my pregnancy last time and I knew I didn't want to during my last month especially, but I'm glad I had already decided to call it quits after this.  I didn't realize how sitting in the car for three or more hours would make me swell up and cause my legs, hips, and back to ache for days.  It was worth it to see Chris's family, though, and we made it!  I tried to keep my whining to a minimum, which I guess made it so Chris didn't realize I was hurting a bit and didn't understand why I wasn't being very talkative (and just staring out the window).  Oops.

While in Woodbridge, we drove about an hour to Dinosaur Land in Winchester.  They have all of these dinosaur statues (?) and scenes set up.  It's pretty awesome in a kitsch-y way.  Eliot was all kinds of excited and posed so well saying "cheese" by each one.  And then he was over posing and just wanted to run up the ramp to sit in King Kong's hand a lot.  I have tons of photos, but I haven't had time to pull them off the camera yet, so Instagram is what you get.

Chris and I haven't gone shopping in quite a while (not even to Target--I can't believe that it has been WEEKS since I've been to Target!), so we took advantage of Mawmaw's Eliot play time and also the cool stuff around Dinosaur Land.  We picked up a pair of moccasins for Eliot and also cowboy boots for Jack.  Then that night, we left Eliot with Mawmaw (Chris's mom) and headed to the mall for their Carter's outlet.  I hadn't been to a mall since Eliot had that meltdown almost two months ago.  Anyway, I was excited to get a few more rompers for Jack and use a 20% off coupon.  I'm not much of a coupon-er, but I was stoked to get some of these rompers for about $4.50, a pair of pants for $2, and so on.

The next few days are supposed to be rain-y and disappointing, it seems, but we'll just find things to do indoors.  This week, I'm looking forward to hitting 32 weeks tomorrow, grading, hopefully getting some writing done, and planning out some awesome meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment