Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Week

I had a really productive week and was feeling all kinds of energetic.  The spring semester ended, so I was focusing on summer courses beginning.  Chris so kindly took Eliot to Busch Gardens by himself for the day in hopes that I could get more writing done and respond to my committee members' feedback on my dissertation.  I had more editing to do than I realized, and the proposal manuscript that I sent on was 66 pages (my previous proposal had been 50 pages and then 56 pages...).

When I wasn't writing feverishly, Chris and I worked to get the yard more in order, and I watched him play with Eliot in the pool.  It has been kind of rainy, so we haven't done as much garden work as usual.  And then we've been enjoying some time together at night since Eliot has been going to bed easier, faster, and at a reasonable time.


My productive week ended just as the weekend started as I lost all motivation.  Out of nowhere, Eliot got sick with this cold.  When he gets a cold, he has a rough night of sleep the first night.  He was waking up gagging every 45 minutes, so he really didn't sleep--and neither did I.  The next morning, Chris had a 10k to run and Eliot was going to do a kids' run.  I was so sad that I couldn't go along with Chris because Eliot was so not feeling well.  Chris did an amazing job, though.  He ran the same race last year, but this year he ran five minutes faster (a 7:20 mile pace for 6.2 miles!).  By the time Chris got home, Eliot was feeling well enough to play, and Chris's mom and sister came in town for a quick visit.  Eliot loves the extra playmates and bossing around his "mawmaw and 'izbeth".

Today we hung around the house, ate watermelon, and Chris grilled us all an awesome lunch before his mom and sister left.  Chris was excited to wear his new Hawaiian shirt, which I think is silly, but he thinks it is funny.  All right...

Maybe I caught a little bit of Eliot's cold or maybe it's been all the writing or maybe I'm just pregnant, but this weekend I have been so exhausted.  My sleepless Friday night probably didn't help.  I can't seem to get myself going.  I'm hoping tonight I'll get some good rest and be back at it on Monday.  I just need to be able to make it through next weekend.  After that, I'll make a list of the final baby things we need, wash Jack's clothes, and do all of the final organizing in his room.  Then I can officially hibernate until Jack comes.  About four and a half more weeks...  It's getting close!

No comments:

Post a Comment