Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Nursery

Jack's nursery has been together for a while, but I have a few "extra" things in there (like Chris's surfboard...), so it had been difficult to grab a few photos.  Alas, here it is!

I wanted to do an "underwater" theme for Jack, but I really didn't have to buy much at all.  We already had so much of it.  Chris and my mom painted the room a blue-grey back in February.

The crib is the same one Eliot used (ha.  He barely used it--he hated it).  Instead of getting lots of baby bedding with a quilt and all, I just bought a fitted sheet, baby blanket, and mobile from Babies R Us.  I also have a breathable bumper that I will put on later, but I plan to wash everything again closer to when Jack arrives.


These pictures don't look as crooked in real life.  Sigh.  I'm not great at hanging pictures, and while the frames look the same, one has a bracket to hang and one has a wire, so it's kind of weird.  Anyway, they came from Berkley Illustrations.  They used to be hanging in our downstairs bathroom at the old house.

This is what you see when you enter the room.  It looks a little bare and unfocused since we don't have a dresser for Jack, but we'll get him one eventually and it will look more complete.  I'm just having Eliot and Jack share a dresser for a while.

I used this same rocking chair for Eliot.  My mom used it for my sister and me, and my sister used it for my niece and nephew.  I plan to order a cushion for it--maybe I'll do that today.  The pictures came from Studio Tuesday on Etsy.  I had them hanging in the playroom at the old house, but I liked how aquatic they were for Jack's room.  The lamp actually goes more with the next photo and came from Target.

I got this stand when I went away to college and have used it for many different purposes.  It served as a dresser in my dorm.  It was a bookcase at our apartment when we first got married.  I used it as an end table too.  It held Eliot's toys in the playroom at our old house.  Now it holds Jack's toys and maybe some essentials for the middle of the night, like diapers.  I had posted the whale painting when we announced Jack's name, but I painted it with water colors and also made one for Eliot's room.

I'm really happy with how the nursery came out.  Almost everything was re-purposed and fit perfectly.  I guess moving helped with that since I didn't have a specific place in mind for the prints I already had--which fit with the underwater theme.  The only things I bought were the bedding, mobile, rockingchair cushion (soon, I hope), hamper (which Jack and Eliot are sharing and Eliot's old one broke in the move), and lamp, I think.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Looking forward to Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete