Thursday, May 30, 2013

Busch Gardens: Take Three

Yowzers!  I feel like such an old person today.  I literally did next to nothing but go work in an office at the end of my pregnancy with Eliot (which I partially blame on it being winter), so I'm constantly being reminded of my pregnant lady limitations over here.

Eliot's cold lingered for a while and is mostly just a cough, but I caught it too.  I'm still a bit down with a sore throat.  Constantly hungry yet feel nauseous when I eat.  Hey, that sounds like the first trimester.  Ha.  That is how I always react to colds.  While I hoped to be really productive this week with Jack's pool party coming up, I've been only mildly productive (and my house is showing it...).  So when I felt all right enough yesterday and the weather was warm, Chris was eager to get out of the house and go to Busch Gardens.

Obviously, I can't ride anything except for the sky ride (which I kind of regretted) and train, but there's a bit for Eliot to do, and it really is fun just being at a theme park.  Eliot gets so excited to go to Busch Gardens and names all of the rides.  He is utterly fearless with rides, but the really weird thing is that when he is on a ride, he looks stone cold, serious-faced, like he is waiting in line or something.  And when he gets off, he says he had fun.  Well, OK!

Can you believe he went up in that thing and was just like, "Whatever..."


Chris was of course very considerate all day and checked constantly on how I was doing, offering to take breaks, get water, get food, or anything else I needed.  He carried Eliot on his shoulders all day, rode everything he could with Eliot, and chased Eliot around.  After three hours in the sun, all of us were just done.  That's why I feel old:  because a younger (less pregnant) Katie would have been able to stay all day and all night.  We had a lot of fun, though, and I was really surprised how Eliot did not have one single meltdown.  He waited his turn in line (even though the lines weren't long by any means).  He told us what he wanted to ride (the big roller coasters included), but didn't throw a fit when we said we had to move on.

Today, Chris is back at the yardwork and hopefully I'll find the energy to get this house straight.  It was supposed to be laundry day the other day, but I only managed to do two loads (and Chris did one of them).  Oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment