Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pregnancy Update: 32 Weeks

Eight, or maybe seven, weeks remaining.  Chris said the other day that it seems like I have been pregnant for a year, which makes sense since we have gone through a lot spanning longer than a year ago.


I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with worry after my 31-week appointment since I hadn't been thinking about how I need to keep an eye out for losing fluid.  I knew I would eventually, but I was "putting it off" in some ways.  Honestly, I have about six weeks before I get to the point that I started losing fluid with Eliot, so I don't need to be too concerned with that all right now, but it was a reminder that this time will come.  And I need to be mindful and careful.  I'm just thankful that my doctors are sensitive to this issue this time around instead of telling me I'm wrong.

At my 31 week appointment and ultrasound, everything looked great.  Jack weighed over three pounds (right on track), his measurements were awesome, and he had some hair.  Since then, I've dreamed of him being born with lots of dark hair, but that is just me trying to guess and make sense of things I cannot know.  At that point, Jack was head-down.  I mentioned in my last update that it felt like his hands were pushing off my left hip with his bottom or legs on my upper-right side of my stomach.  That's exactly how he was positioned.  I know he could possibly still flip around, but I hope he stays head-down.


It seems as soon as I hit 30 weeks (and I mean that same day), I entered a whole new stage in this pregnancy.  Minor carpel tunnel, Braxton Hicks contractions, a little more heartburn, aches in my hips, lower back pain, and all of that fun stuff.  All good signs!

This past week, we made our last road trip.  We went to Woodbridge to see Chris's parents and his aunt Barbara.  I don't think I traveled this late in my pregnancy with Eliot.  It was worth it to see everyone, though.

 


Jack is definitely more active at night.  He starts moving a lot around 9:00 pm.  Sometimes I can only describe Jack's movements as ripples.  Chris had no clue what I was talking about until the other night when Jack was moving crazy all over the place.  He said it totally made sense after feeling that.

We're still a ways out, but the reality of Jack coming is growing more and more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment