Friday, May 17, 2013

So Grown Yet So Small


When I look at this picture, I see how grown my boy has become right in front of me.  He knows what he wants and tells us exactly what that is.  He is capable of so much and needs me less and less.  He has his momma's nose, daddy's serious expressions and eyebrows, and both of our tenacity (that we usually try to keep in check when at odds with each other--which fortunately doesn't happen often).

With Jack on the way soon, I know Eliot will seem less and less like the baby of the family, and I'm not quite ready to let my first-born grow up.  Where has the time gone? 
Don't get me wrong.  Two is a lot of fun.  Hard sometimes, but I love sharing life with him and watching his eyes light up.  He's more aware, understands what is going on, and gets excited.  These are experiences you can't share with an infant.

And then I realize that he is that toddler eating all of the strawberries at the you-pick patch.  Sure, he's putting them in the bucket too, but then taking them out and eating them.  And while I tried to stop our little strawberry thief, I am reminded that he's still so small--he's still a baby in many ways with that baby face.


No comments:

Post a Comment