Monday, October 31, 2011

Ewoks on Halloween

I hope everyone had a safe, happy Halloween!  Christopher and I have never done much.  We usually just go to a friend's house for a quiet evening or hand out candy.  Eliot is too young for candy, so we decided to dress him up and hand out candy like usual.  I couldn't resist the urge to dress Eliot as an ewok.  And I must say that he made a pretty cute one.

Don't worry.  Eliot was only sockless and shoeless for a few quick photos out front in the sunshine.
After some work, we took Eliot over to see his great grandmother Glenna.  Alzheimer's aside, we knew she wouldn't know what the heck he was if we told her that he was an ewok, so I put Eliot's new owl hat on him.  The fuzzy chest and belly worked great as a fluffy owl.  Pretty cute, huh?  I almost can't decide which outfit I like better!


Back home to prepare for trick-or-treaters.  Our neighborhood is kind of small, so we only had about five groups come by.  By then, Eliot was getting chilly, ripping his hat off, and more interested in crawling around, so we went inside to watch Return of the Jedi.



I've been thinking lately that our days must seem kind of ho-hum.  I suppose a lot of people might find our Halloween to be disappointing without any parties or late nights.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I get to spend lots of time with my husband and baby.  Chris and I never really took part in activities that aren't baby-friendly anyway, so everything is just so much more fun with Eliot around.

5 comments:

  1. ryan and i have had more "ho-hum" days than not. there's a lot to be said about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly! I guess I might not be the most social person, but I prefer a quiet night hanging out with our little family to any "big" event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love owls and I love his hat. did you make it? I have a friend making the boys hats that I'm just dying to get!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had made it! I ordered it off Etsy, but I'm attempting to learn to crochet. So far, I have a square that is supposed to turn into a scarf some day. Apparently, these things don't grow on their own. Owls are so cute and fortunately in style--but not too in style. Chris's sister is crazy for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the theme for Weston's birthday :) I've thought about learning to crochet as well

    ReplyDelete