Thursday, October 20, 2011

Morris Orchard

Christopher and I wanted to find a nice pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins this year.  Last year, we didn't have much luck finding a farm, but we had to do something special for Eliot.  Everyone seems to be going to Layman's this year, but fifty minutes is kind of far with Eliot.  Somehow Chris stumbled upon Morris Orchard, which was just thirty minutes away and very awesome!

The orchard has rolling hills, goats, a donkey, apples, pumpkins, and mountain views.  I wish I could have taken more photos of the farm itself, but it was quite windy and I forgot Eliot's mittens.  Eliot is no fan of winds.

My favorite part, perhaps, was that you could go to the pumpkin patch itself to pick your own.  It was a little bit of a walk, but they even offered wagons to carry the pumpkins and our little guy.  Eliot picked out his own little pumpkin, we picked out one to carve, and we also bought a couple of French pumpkins to cook.



When we went to go pay, we ran into my OB doctor, which was kind of interesting since she got to meet Eliot after providing months and months of prenatal care.  She didn't deliver Eliot because she wasn't on call that evening--or morning when he actually came.
Oh, the cuteness!
Some days I'm ready to pack up and move home to Chesapeake.  Some days I think it'd be better to move someplace in the "middle" so that we are between both sets of Eliot's grandparents.  Then there are the days, like today, when the mountains are amazing and I wish I could own a small farm to grow my food, bake my bread, give snacks to goats, and run a rabbit sanctuary that rescues and rehabilitates bunnies from humane societies.  You can't have it all.  In the end, I just wish we were closer to our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment