Sunday, October 9, 2011

To Northern Virginia and Back Again

We are back from our trip!  While we had planned to go to New Orleans, it didn't work out, so we had a nice, long visit with Chris's family instead.

It was Elizabeth's fall break, so we took her up with us.

We got this very cute sweatervest cardigan for Eliot.  He'll be wearing it in our Christmas photos.  Now if only we could find him a clip-on tie.

Chris's parents got Eliot this very awesome pirate ship!  I had been wanting to get him a ride-on firetruck because he seemed to love Sydney and Matthew's when we visited my parents.  Then we found this ship version.  He had too much fun on it.



In the morning, Chris's dad set up Chris's old wagon for Eliot.  They all pulled him around the neighborhood and Eliot just had the most nonchalant attitude.  He acted like it was completely normal, no big deal.  It was rather funny....  But when they would stop, he'd hit the sides like he wanted to go again.  Silly boy.  He was so ready for a nap.

After his wagon ride, he fell right to sleep.  We had Panera for lunch following Eliot's nap.  He is simply nuts about their soup.  I think it is his favorite food.  Then it was back on the road to head home.


I've said it a thousand times, and I'll probably say it a million more all throughout Eliot's life.  So often, children only experience one side of the family.  Whether it is distance or disinterest, I can think of few people who have two sets of grandparents who are very active in their grandchildren's lives.  Eliot has that, though.  We live four hours from my parents and three and a half from Christopher's parents, yet both sets were there when Eliot was born.  Both sets see him about once a month (or more often).  He's really blessed in that way.  And I'm so thankful that Eliot receives mountains of love from everyone around him.

2 comments:

  1. Eliot is blessed to have both sets of grandparents. I didn't and my kids don't and it makes me sad for everyone.

    Love that pirate ship though..we have the fire truck. I forget sometimes that Weston is getting older and might be interested in stuff like that now...lol I always view him as just a little baby still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it becomes difficult trying to fit everyone in and not snub anyone. Planning holidays can be so confusing! But it is a welcomed challenged. I'm glad everyone wants to see one another. We spent our holidays with the relatives on my mom's side since my dad's whole family is in Minnesota.

    Eliot's feet don't even touch the ground yet, but he likes being pushed, pulling up on it, and playing with the ship itself. I figure that I might as well give him the "next step" in toys so maybe he can surprise me. :) I just have to make sure he doesn't hurt himself trying to be too adventurous!

    ReplyDelete