Monday, October 17, 2011

Ivy Creek Park, Nursery Drop-offs, and That Pirate Ship

This weekend, Christopher, Eliot, Elizabeth, and I went to Ivy Creek Park!  We're late on the park bandwagon, but finally made it there.  The trees around Lynchburg really have been changing.  It seems that fall is going to happen again this year.  Oh well.  The weather has been beautiful, though!

The park has a nice little loop around the pond, so we're hoping to go running there sometime soon.  Just not tomorrow because Eliot has his nine month check up in the morning.

This weekend Eliot went to the church nursery for the first time.  I didn't want to send him back because I wasn't sure how he'd react.  I knew he'd be fine, but I didn't want him to give anyone a hard time, especially with his teething fussiness and the fact that he had only drank two ounces that morning--he usually chugs ten ounces within a couple of hours of being awake.  Chris and I both work from home, so he is hardly ever away from us.  However, the ladies said he didn't cry at all.

Eliot has decided that his pirate ship makes an excellent walker.  He has been using everything as a walker these days, but few things are as frightening as this unsturdy boat.  I mean, it is good for what it is meant to be used for, but it is no walker.  Not at all.  Eliot hardly needs any support, though, and hasn't fallen once with it.  I hold my breath and hover around him for a good while whenever he starts to push it around the house, but it works out.  Somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment