Sunday, October 30, 2011

Parents' Weekend

We got back to Lynchburg just in time for Christopher's parents to come for Elizabeth's parents' weekend at school!  There were a lot of possessives in that sentence concerning parents.  Anyway, Elizabeth's parents' weekend at college actually meant that I got to hang out with my in-laws, which is pretty exciting.

The weather turned quite cold very fast.  Eliot wore his peacoat for the second time and probably the first time that he actually needed it.  We had dinner at Harbor Inn, which is always an experience.



This morning, we all went to church.  I was honestly kind of worried because Eliot is continually growing more and more separation anxiety-y.  When Chris or I leave the room, he cries.  When he catches a glimpse of us, he screams.  Sometimes he won't even stand to let us sit next to him.  That isn't enough; he must be held.  Other times he will just take off crawling to the next room without a second thought and pull all of his books down, happily talking to himself.  It's all a phase, I'm sure, but he did quite all right in the nursery today anyway.

After lunch, we picked up Elizabeth's boyfriend and Christopher's grandmother for lunch.
I look just a little bit crazy here, but that is OK.
We headed back to our house where Chris looked after Eliot and I did some serious work writing out notes for a course.  Then his parents were off back to Woodbridge!  Chris and I headed to Target to pick out a car seat for Eliot.  His current one was driving me a little bit crazy.  I guess he could stay in it longer, but he seemed ready to move out and up into a stage two seat.  Hopefully, it will mean less awkward twisting for me and more of a "big boy" feel for Eliot.  If I could do it over, I would have just gotten him a smaller infant one.  His infant carrier goes up to 32 pounds, but here he is at 18 and half pounds moving on out.

I know that I wrote previously that Eliot was standing more on his own, but here is a little bit of proof for you.  All by himself, no support and no help up!

Tomorrow is Halloween!  I totally forgot.  We need to carve that pumpkin!  Perhaps tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. What seat did you get? Weston loves his big boy seat. it was kingston's but he is so much happier in it now and can look out the windows and talk to kingston. It is much easier getting him in the car now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got an Eddie Bauer one from Target. I had read a bunch of reviews and this one looked the best for the price from our small selection. I never realize how small our Target is until I go out of town. Ha! But it looks good so far. Eliot hasn't ridden in it yet, but he would cry whenever I put him in his old seat because it was so awkward and hard on my back. He loves looking out the window too, so I think he'll be quite happy to sit up more.

    ReplyDelete