Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cooking with a Baby in the Pack

Sometimes the most difficult part of eating at home is finding a way to cook and then clean up.  Eliot is into everything, which is great, but our kitchen is far from babyproof.  The dogs' water bowl.  The trash can.  Worst of all, the stairs down to the basement--the door doesn't stay shut.

Tonight I put Eliot in the backpack while I cooked.  I used to carry him in the sling when I cooked, but he's so big and wiggly now that I worry about him getting burnt somehow.  He had fun watching while I got things done.  Vegetarian sloppy Joes, broccoli, and a spinach salad.  Noms.  And Eliot seems to love Boca these days.


I think Eliot's top teeth are bothering him more than the lower ones did.  He's being more clingy and fusses when we aren't playing with him alll the time.  Yesterday, he skipped two of his naps--and we really paid for it.  He's so cute, though, that he can get away with anything.  Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment