Saturday, February 9, 2013

Robinson Vegan Week

Chris suggested that we have a vegan week.  We eat mostly vegetarian at home aside from holidays and I know eventually we'd like to do more vegan meals for health reasons.  Cholesterol issues run in my family, and I have already had high cholesterol at points--hopefully not anymore!  One clear way to fight cholesterol issues is to cut down on dairy.  I don't do eat many eggs.  I only have milk when I cook with it (I prefer almond milk).  My biggest weakness is cheese.  Cheese makes everything better.

Anyway, here's a small menu for the next few days.  Not quite a full week, but here's what I'm planning for so far.

lentil curry soup over jasmine rice
veggie-stuffed portobello mushrooms; blackbean-mango cous-cous
perogies; asparagus; broccoli-avocado brown rice (with a drizzle of soy sauce)
blackbean soup; chips and guacamole
bleackbean-lentil sloppy Joes; spinach salad; baked fries
veggie pigs in a blanket; roasted red pepper humus and pita chips

If you want to follow along with our vegan week, I'll be posting more on my food tumblr.

Our first night was last night.  I've posted this lentil curry soup a bajillion times on instagram.
Sorry, friends.  It's one of our favorite meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment