Thursday, February 7, 2013

Homebodies

That moment when you realize that you bought new eyeliner on Monday, but it is now Thursday late afternoon and haven't used it yet because you haven't gone anywhere....

I was sitting on the couch after my morning run-arounds (feeding the boy, feeding the animals, picking up extra toys, sweeping, putting away dishes, feeding myself...) when Chris asked if I felt OK.  I mean, I am pretty tired because Eliot was awake from 2:00 am til 5:00 am trying to convince us to go play with the cat, but I feel OK.  Achy, but OK.  Then I realized that I just have been feeling kinda down.  And that is because I haven't been leaving the house and barely even stepping outside at all this week.  On Monday, we went to the grocery store and HomeDepot, but that has been it.  And I don't even remember what happened this past weekend.

I've had plans, of course.  Every day, my goal has been to go to the grocery store, write, and grade.  I do my work, but don't get to the grocery store.  So, I sent Chris today during Eliot's nap.  And maybe I'll get around to getting OUT and doing something FUN (even just a walk) after Eliot wakes up.

I haven't updated much because every time I go to write on here, my brain says, "No one wants to read about that...."  Yeah, it's been that kind of week.  And I'm not trying to throw a pity party, just saying I have been quiet and boring lately.  Eliot and I have just done A LOT of drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment