Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Woodbridge, Grading, and Cherry Blossoms

It's been a while!  This past weekend, we went to Woodbridge to visit Chris's parents.  His parents weren't able to come in last week due to the snow and it was his mom's birthday.  She still hadn't seen Eliot walk, so we knew we had to get up there.

Stoked for a road trip!
Chris's parents got him this football hat.  Then Eliot found some drumsticks.  He's so going to be in a band some day.
Eliot and Granddad Robinson watching some basketball.
Chris can still read music!
We came home ready to get to grading.  We obviously didn't grade too much over the weekend, but I did start grading early on in the week.  And I graded in the car.  Still, I graded from 7:00 am til 11:00 pm on Monday, only stopping for lunch (30 minutes) and dinner (an hour).  Chris watched Eliot so I could do my work.  They went to the park at one point!







I know that I mentioned that Eliot is climbing up everything now, but he is just everywhere in new ways now!  Up the chair, over to the coffee table (in the corner), throwing all the diapers on the floor, divebombing onto the couch...  I goes on and on, but he doesn't ever fall or get hurt.  So, whatever.  Go on, little dude.  Explore your heart out.
Tuesday (yesterday) was our "fun" day since I finished up my work.  We walked up to the park!  Spring is all over the place.  Good thing we went yesterday because it is raining today, which is nice in its own way.
It has hit me this month.  I always am amazed at how Eliot is turning from "baby" to "boy," but now that he is running and throwing things around and exploring, he doesn't seem like a baby at all--well, aside from his bald head and the fact that he doesn't talk in sentences.  I guess he's a toddler, so that makes sense.  And it is fun, but, man, he is simply not a baby anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment