Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Over the Edge and Happy Things

I feel like Chris and I are constantly on the verge of change.  We're always looking over the edge.  I've seen a lot of edges in the past few years.  I mean that both metaphorically and literally.  While we haven't hiked as much with Eliot-babe around (heavyyyy!), Christopher and I enjoyed many climbs to summits around the area over the past handful of years.  Here is one of my favorites.  McAfee Knob: the most photographed spot on the Appalachian Trail.


Sitting on the edge was scary.  Terrifying.  I crawled over to it, low to the ground, and shuffled to the edge.  Still, I've seen people dangle their legs over much, much more than that.

In life, though, we're facing more changes.  In six months, nothing will look the same.  Before you get there, no, I'm not pregnant.  Instead, I mean where we live, how we work, our place in school, and the dynamics of our day-to-day.  I like stability and for life to be predictable, but I'm fine with all of the changes that we're looking forward to. Maybe I'm looking forward to a new and different stability.  Not "better," because life is great now, just different.

And a few happy things...

1.  Creativity!  Eliot and I did some coloring today after Eliot poured Daddy's protein shake breakfast all over himself. Sorry, Chris!


2.  Breakfast out!  Don't ask me why, but I love having breakfast out every couple of months.  Sure, I could make this stuff at home, but it feels special this way.  I might like breakfast out more than any other meal....

3.  Warmth!  I think spring might be just around the corner here in Virginia.  Every year, I let out a little sigh as the days grow warmer.  I feel like I just barely make it through winter.  I don't like the cold and get bummed out too easily when I can't go outside.  I'm going to take these warmer days for all they're worth.


2 comments:

  1. If I would have been there with you, I'd have to look away as you got on the ledge. SO SCARY!
    Change is good, but emotionally it's a little hard on me too. I knew we needed to move out of our condo but a part of me misses it. You know, all the little memories and such.
    I'll be excited if you guys move here though. Then if we are pregnant at the same time again, it will be even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird because I love what we have here, but I think moving back "home" would be good too. It's been a long time--seven years. I think we're going to go for it. And as far as getting pregnant at the same time again goes, we've been thinking about trying in the summer too. Two and half years would be a nice age gap. Changes all around!

      Delete