Monday, February 6, 2012

Play Groups and Play Football

Today was Eliot's play group!  The skies were sunny enough, so the group met at Riverside Park.  I love that place and it is literally five minutes from my house--maybe less.  Maybe a mile?  Anyway, Eliot ran around the park, picked up gumballs, refused to eat his picnic lunch, watched older boys playing on a tire swing (that I was pushing), and played with a soccer ball with another boy a handful of months older.

Babe skipped his nap beforehand, so I knew he'd be tired.  I only stayed an hour and a half, but I didn't suspect that he'd fall asleep in car on the way home (like I said, only a mile!) and stay asleep for another hour.  He's still going in nap world!

I'm thankful for this play group.  I'm thankful for the chance to push both him and me socially.  We were considering putting him in the local Montessori school this fall to help him develop social skills, but now that he is playing with other kids in this group, I don't think that will be very necessary.

Yesterday was the Super Bowl, and while it isn't a big deal to me, Chris was very happy to spend another Super Bowl with his favorite fellow sports enthusiast.  We even took Eliot to Buffalo Wild Wings to get in the mood and heee sure did.  TVs all over with sports?  He was into it.

Here is Eliot playing with our rabbit.  Not sports-related, but it happened yesterday.  He is so good with animals!  He looks more like Chris in this photo (aside from his nose) to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment