Wednesday, February 15, 2012

On Valentine's Day and Feeling Overwhelmed

I'll start on a positive note before explaining why I haven't written anything lately or been active on Facebook or responded to hardly any emails that aren't related to school.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day!  Chris got me gummi bears and pretty flowers.  I love that he knows to not even consider buying me chocolates.  He knows me well.  Christopher watched Eliot while I went to a dissertation meeting and came home to work on emails.  Then we went for a bike ride!  For dinner, we got hibachi (with Eliot, of course).  Last year, we went to Osaka's because we thought it'd be funny and ironic.  This year, we went next door to Teriyaki House because it'd be a little less crowded.


Before dinner, I tried to get Eliot to nap.  He refused.  More on that later...


I don't even know where to start with the past week.  I thought I had gotten over this bug, but, well, I guess I was wrong.  That combined with grading, working on my dissertation (ha), and this Eliot who doesn't nap (but goes around cranky because he needs to nap), well, I've only broken down in tears once.  I'm trying not to let myself get overwhelmed.  It'll all get better soon, I'm sure, but for now I don't even care that the house is growing cluttered.

But!  Chris and Eliot played some basketball today.  And it was cute.

2 comments:

  1. hang in there momma! sorry your having a rough week. no napping babies are not cool. that transition period from 2 to 1 nap always messed my kids up for a little bit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lesley! I think Eliot is feeling a little sick with this bug too, but he napped WONDERFULLY today! We all felt worlds better after a two and half hours nap. "Life" stuff is growing more complicated today, but we're making it work. :)

      Delete