Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chesapeake Playdates and Pitbulls; Lynchburg Bikerides and Basketball

It has been a busy week, and I never even finished writing about last week in Chesapeake.

While in town, we met up with Kimmy, Josh, and their new pup, Sookie.  Sookie was very sweet and excited to meet us.  She did great with Eliot for a while, but then jumped up and scared him.  After a little bit, she calmed down and Eliot chased her all around the house.  At one point, she lay on the couch and let Eliot poke her nose and ears.

As a side note, I'd like to point out that we are celebrating twenty years of Kimmy and Katie this year.  Yes, Kimmy and I have been friends for twenty years now--since kindergarten on the day when she brought in a box of crayons that was so big that it wouldn't fit in the pouches on the back of our chairs.

On Saturday, we set up a playdate of sorts with Lesley and her two little guys.  Kingston is three--and hilarious.  "You're making me hungry!"  Ha!  And Weston is almost two months older than Eliot to the day.  I kept thinking they were six weeks apart, but then I remembered that Lesley was a little early and I was a little late.

It was really fun to watch Eliot go into their house a little--OK, a lot--shy, but then get comfortable and run around.  Weston shared his ball pit with Eliot. And you know Eliot loves balls.  Instead of playing in them, Eliot wanted to lick each one and then throw it while Weston dived right in.  It was nice catching up with Lesley too.  I hope we can do it again whenever we're in town next!

Eliot also got more playtime with his cousins and Nana (my mom).  Here they all are reading one of Eliot's new books.  Eliot is wearing a lay that Sydney wanted him to have and he is holding an orange because he saw it in my mom's fruit basket and started saying, "Ball!  Ball!"  Whenever we go to the grocery store and pass any round fruits or vegetables, he starts chanting, "Ball!  Ball!  Ball!"

On Sunday, we lounged around with my parents and discovered that Eliot likes Tropical Smoothie.  We don't really have a good smoothie place here in Lynchburg.

Then Sunday evening, we headed back because it is easier to drive at night with a half-sleepy baby than in the morning with a pumped, excited-to-play baby.  I felt sad to leave, but we had things to get done at home.  For example, Chris immediately got sick (and still is a little).  I spent the past two days grading and writing with a little bit of laundry in between and a walk or bike ride during the day to maintain outside sanity.  Chris took Eliot to a basketball game with his sister the other night just so I could get work done.
And Eliot did yoga.

And that has been the past week!

2 comments:

  1. Yes let's do it again! I love how he tasted each one.. Lol those boys are too funny.

    ReplyDelete