Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One Year Portraits

I took Eliot's one year portraits today!  I was excited to try setting up a white sheet for the first time, and I think I discovered something kind of awesome on accident....  I bought the sheet the day before at Target for six bucks.  Eliot's bedroom has pretty good lighting since it has two windows, so I taped the sheet up in front of his nook.  Our house is a capecod, so the sheet was about four feet in front of the window.  This might be difficult to do otherwise without a frame of some sort.

I was surprised and happy to see that the background look completely seamless--not like a sheet at all!  This is great because the sheet did have some wrinkles in it still despite putting it in the dryer.

Here are some of my favorites, but first, my favorite newborn portrait of Eliot just for fun.
His eyes sure have opened up a lot more, huh?  He was like a puppy back then, born with eyes squinting.

Here is one from his six month session....  Is it weird that he still looks just like that in my mind?

OK, on to the one year photos!
See more from our shoot here.

No comments:

Post a Comment