Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Labels Eliot Knows

Sometime Eliot calls me "Dada" and sometimes he calls me "Mama," but he without a doubt knows what to call a ball.
Eliot was so sleepy in Wal-Mart when we took this picture.  He was leaning to the side and staring up at the ceiling--he had skipped his nap, but wasn't fussing at all.  Then we walked down the "sports" aisle and he sat up and pointed to the balls.  We got him this basketball to replace one that a dog ate.  Later in the evening, we were trying to get him to walk.  He can do it great, but doesn't realize it yet.  Instead of walking, he took off running to the ball.
Cats (and usually dogs too) are on his for-sure known label list.

The reality that this is actually happening is getting closer....  We're down to 11 days now.  I took this photo yesterday.

I'm super excited and not sad at all.  Yet.  I have almost everything together for his Yo Gabba Gabba party, but I need to plan a menu out a little more.  Erg.

In other Lynchburg news, I think the town's New Year's resolution was to start acting like winter.  I could almost hear the ground saying, "OK! I get that you guys think it feels like early spring or fall or something.  I'll start the winter weather already!"  Yesterday, we got our "first snow," just a small dusting.  As fun as snow can be, I'm kind of glad that we haven't had a big snow yet.  A couple of winters ago, we had about three substantial snows that left us stranded and our car got stuck trying to get out of the neighborhood.  That spring (after finding out I was pregnant), we bought the Jeep.  And it was a pretty good purchase if you ask me!  No regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment