Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Birthday Re-mix

The party supplies for Eliot's birthday came in the mail the other day.  Oddly enough, that same day, we had to make some disheartening adjustments to our plans.

My sister and her family caught this nasty virus that is going around Chesapeake.  It is highly contagious and quite rough.  I'd rather not have Eliot get super sick and be throwing up.  So, my Chesapeake family (my sister, brother-in-law, niece, nephew, mom, and dad) won't be coming to the party.  I was really looking forward to spending time with them, celebrating Eliot's first year together, and having both sides of the family together for the first time in a year.  Overall, I'm pretty bummed and need to find a way to half our cupcake order (10 people eating 24 cupcakes?  No way).  We'll head down to Chesapeake in a couple of weeks to have a second little celebration.

The thing is, though, Eliot doesn't care.  He doesn't have any clue what is going on anyway.  I shouldn't feel too upset because the party should be about Eliot, and he isn't bothered, really.

In happier news, we went for a bike ride yesterday at Blackwater Creek.  Eliot loves his "chariot," as we call it.  It was right around nap time that we went, and he was happy as ever.  At the end of the bike ride, I saw that he had fallen asleep.  I'm glad he can nap in the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment