Friday, January 6, 2012

In the Garden

In the garden...

Remember how I was complaining about the cold?  Today was beautiful; it felt like spring.  Chris did some yardwork and Eliot and I joined in following afternoon naptime.  Christopher used his grandfather's old cultivator and I thought about the past and present, old and new generations, and mixing of Suffolk and Lynchburg soils.

We planted some tulip bulbs that may or may not work.  I suppose we're a little late, but no big deal.  As I told Chris, "I'm sure gardening isn't an exact science.  That's what I always say.  And then nothing grows."

Eliot seemed to really enjoy playing with the dirt.  When he explores, his face grows so very serious as he takes it all in.  I handed him a bulb and he took it with understanding and placed it in a hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment