Sunday, January 22, 2012

Officially a Toddler, I Guess

It looks like we have a real toddler on our hands.  He walks, climbs, and requires discipline (already?!).  A couple of days ago, I posted a video of him getting tricked into walking by carrying Tigger around.  The next day, he walked from the den to me in the dining room all casual as if to say, "Hey mom.  Get me a sam-a-wich."  Last night, Chris was laying with Eliot on the floor.  Eliot got up and used Chris to climb up on the couch.  Ha!  He also tries to climb his Megablocks table every chance he gets....  I couldn't believe how much he had changed out of nowhere.

And here he is having a good time looking at the world up-side-down.  He was laughing so much.  Ah, that boy gets me.

Eliot acts like he doesn't know what "no" means, but I think he is trying to trick us.  He doesn't do much bad, but needs to stop when I tell him to.  He doesn't understand why he can hammer his blocks, but not my foot.  Or why he shouldn't unfold the clothes I'm folding.  Or why it is OK to slide his cars on the wood floors, but not the lid to his bucket (oh, that scratching sound).  Since he just laughs when I say no, I have tried removing him from the situation.  I say no firmly, hold his arm, and then if he tries again, I pick him up and set him a few feet away.  That kind of works, but I'm open to any ideas out there!

It has been too cold for much outdoor, baby fun these days.  I haven't been running.  We haven't been biking.  I was hoping to take some pictures today at Otter Creek, but I doubt that will happen.  This is kind of disappointing, but I guess that's winter.

2 comments:

  1. haha Weston says "no-no" and shakes his head while he's doing something he shouldn't. After going through it once before, I'm just going to stick with redirection and a firm "no" probably until close to 2...you'll probably discipline each of your kids differently and you'll figure out what works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute (and probably a little frustrating too). Eliot learned how to say "no" the other day. I must be saying it a lot. Ha!

    ReplyDelete