Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Petshoppin' and Lakehoppin'

I stayed up reasonably late Sunday night to submit all of my final grades and get everything in order for the end of the spring semester.  Chris just had some tidying up to do for his courses in the morning, so I wanted to be ready to get out and do something on Monday.  I felt so bogged down over the weekend.

After Eliot's nap yesterday, we headed out to Petsmart to get the dogs more food and collars.  Abed-nego's collar is now almost six years old and it somehow went missing.  He kept getting stuck to things with his nap tag, so we took it off for just a moment.  Now it is gone.  No worries; we wanted to get the dogs matching collars anyway once Dexter stopped growing.  Petsmart is so much fun with Eliot.  He pointed at the birds and excitedly said, "Bird!  Bird!  Bird!"  Then he'd scoot to the next bird cage and say the same thing.  All the way down the line.  Same with the fish.  And then we showed him the cats and he was really excited.  I think cats might be his favorite. (No, we're not getting any more pets, but Eliot sure loves to look)

We walked over to Target to pick up my niece's birthday present and few other things, like baby shampoo and some snacks.  Eliot knows to stand up as soon as he gets in a cart now--that way we let him down.  Not this time, buddy!  We got him in really, really tight and picked up an Eric Carle book that makes sounds.  He laughed all through our trip.  I know I can't keep buying books every time, but it worked for today.  And my mom always joked that this was how we ended up with so many Golden Books--she would get us one during most grocery store trips to keep us happy.

As we were leaving, Stephanie asked if we'd be interested in a lake trip.  The weather was warm, but the day was growing late.  I worried it would be packed at the lake.  We decided to go with it anyway and I'm so glad!  We made it to the lake about 4:50 pm and there were only two groups of people there.  I think Eliot had even more fun than last time.  He wants to swim swim swim until he shivers.  And then swim some more.  He loves playing in the sand too. 

While at the lake, we met a lady with her puppy there and Eliot took the liberty of trying to walk her dog for her.  Ha!

We left around 6:20 pm and had some dinner.  Chris made himself shrimp tacos and I had left-over pizza.  I was exhausted.  I think we all got just the right amount of sun.  Fifty-five SPF + an hour and a half of sunshine = just slightly tan.  Bath time for babe and he was asleep by 8:00 pm!  I headed to bed too because I had a bad headache that had been growing all day.

Eliot likes to dip his chips too

I'm thankful for productive days followed by fun, summer-y days!

No comments:

Post a Comment